A student of Chaim’s asked if I could answer some privacy related questions regarding glass. Of course we can, and of course we can ask Tom, another glass explorer, what he thinks. While not a security episode per see, we do talk about privacy and advocacy.
1. The biggest concern regarding the Google Glasses is its privacy concern. Since you have the glasses are there any noticeable privacy issues which concern you?
2. Why do you think society is so paranoid about the Google Glass “creep factor” when there are devices out there that also do many of the same things?
3. There is also a lot of talk about Google being able to aggregate even more information on its users with the Glasses. What do you think about this?
4. If you could give a suggestion to Google, regarding fixing some of the privacy concerns with the Google Glasses, what would they be?
5. Do you think Google Glasses will ever become a widely adopted technology, just as smartphones are today? If so, why? And if not, what will it take for this to happen?
6. Businesses, such as bars, have already started to ban the Google Glasses. What do you think about this? Is it ok?
7. Lastly, after having the Google Glasses, would you recommend them to the general public to buy or is it not worth it?