Apple prognosticator and inThirty contributor Drew Pitchford is laying his predictions on the line for the upcoming iPhone:
The New iPhone
- Leaked pictures accurately depict the external design including the 8 pin connector. The connector will be orientation independent.
- Thinner with front and back ﬂush with the antennae band. Guessing thinness at 7.6 mm.
- Unibody construction
- 16:9, 4 inch screen. Resolution: 1136 X 640
- 8 MP camera with f/2.2 aperture
- panorama mode for camera
- 16:9 HD video recording
- 16:9 photos
- 720p HD front camera
- Shrunken A5X chip built on the 32nm process that is being used in the revamped iPad 2.
- Better graphics than the 4S but not as good as in the new iPad.
- 9 Hours Talk time
- 6 Hours LTE browsing
- 8 Hours 3G browsing
- 10 Hours wiﬁ
- 40 Hours music
- 10 Hours video
- 250 Standby
Pricing and Storage:
- 8gb iPhone 4 free
- 8gb iPhone 4S $99
- 16gb new iPhone $199
- 32gb new iPhone $299
- 64gb new iPhone $399
All offered with 2 year contracts on Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T
The September 12 event will be limited to iPhone and iOS 6 only. No updates to iPads or iPods.
Drew’s early predictions for iOS 6 can be found here.